Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Waiting Game

Oli and I are currently still playing The Waiting Game.

Waiting is a bit of a meanie. It purposely slows down time, making what ever you are waiting for come slower. It consumes pretty much everything you do and takes over your head making the wait drag on even longer. And if for a second you happily forget what you are waiting for, The Wait Monster pops right back in to your head as if just to scream ‘Don’t forget about me! I’m still here!’

Throughout regular intervals during the day I find myself glancing at my phone willing it to ring and be either Oli or Alex on the other end with some good news. I can’t say that this new little hobby of mine is proving to be particularly successful…

Anyway I’ve managed to wait for four and a half years so I’m sure a few more days won’t hurt….

2 comments:

Emmie said...

WOW! I'm so happy to come on here and read this news. I'm keeping everything crossed that this may work out for you hunni, you so deserve it! I'll be thinking very much of Oli too and following his progress closely through his blog.

Good luck and I'll await the next installment! xxx

Emmie said...

P.S: I have two friends, one who donated a kidney to the other. if you or Oli would ever like to speak to them I'd be more than happy to put you in touch. Oli may find it helpful to speak to another guy who went through all this for his friend too? Just drop me a line at emma @ livelifethengivelife.co.uk if so xxx