Friday, March 20, 2009

rottness island, snorkelling and quokkas

I'm having the most wonderful, relaxing time here. Yesterday Hannah and I got on a 30 minute ferry from Perth to the near by Rottness Island - a totally unspoiled island, which doesn't allow cars and homes beautiful white sandy beaches. The island is also the only place in the world where quokkas live. Quokkas are a mix between a kangaroo and a rat bizarrely! About the size of a cat, the hop along like a kangaroo and are really friendly. Too cute. We rented bikes and snorkelling equipment, was the perfect day.


Little Parakeet Bay on Rottness Island

Hannah, Conor and me on Cottesloe beach one evening

Little Parakeet Bay


A quokka!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time!

The pics are fab!

Much Love x

Donna said...

I want to go to that island, it looks amazing! Any chance of you bringing me one of those quokkas back?! :0)

Anonymous said...

Bring me one too? xxx